THE OFFICIAL INLINE LEAGUE/TOURNAMENT RULES
AND FACILITY POLICIES
Inline hockey is a game of skill, technique, physical endurance, competition, sportsmanship, fun and fair play. Even with the proper equipment, there is the possibility of injury. If, for any reason you feel you may get hurt out there, then it is advisable that you do not participate. PLAY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
GENERAL SPECTATOR/PLAYER CONSIDERATION
1. As with all recreational activities, inline hockey has inherent risks associated with participation. Parents/guardians of youth players, youth & adult players accept such risks as the result of their participation in our facility.
2. Due to the nature of inline hockey, balls/pucks may exit the field of play. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA is not responsible for injuries incurred to spectators, coaches, players while viewing the game.
3. Absolutely NO SMOKING anywhere in our facility.
4. Locker room changing area is provided for your convenience. Bring lock for lockers or place property with a member associated with your team to supervise your belongings. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA is not responsible for lost or stolen property and can not supervise any of your personal property.
5. PLEASE SHOW COURTESY AND RESPECT to other spectators, players, and coaches by ACTING WITH GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP. This includes abusive language, dissent verbal or through action to spectator, player, coach, official, or employee. Anyone taking such action will be required to leave the facility immediately.
6. PARENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING THEIR CHILDREN WHILE INSIDE THE FACILITY!
7. ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR BEVERAGE IS ALLOWED ON THE FIELD.
8. Anyone found guilty of willfully damaging DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA property will be banned from the DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA facility and legal action will follow.
1. All teams and individual players, as well as associated parents or guardians, are required to play under the rules and policies of DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA. It is the responsibility of the team manager to inform their players of this policy.
2. ALL PARENTS OF YOUTH PLAYERS, ADULT PLAYERS AND/OR BENCH PERSONNEL MUST SIGN & HAVE ON FILE THE REQUIRED PLAYER CONSENT FORM IN ORDER TO PLAY!
3. All rosters are kept at the registration office and must be filled out completely prior to the first game!
4. Each and every player and coach must sign the roster in order to play or coach for that team. Players are only permitted to play on one team in a division in any given session/tournament. Due to the need of goalies, goalkeepers are allowed to play on more than one team as long as they play in their age and gender appropriate league. Players are bound to play with that team for the duration of the session/tournament.
5. A parent, coach/manager MUST be present at ALL youth and high school games. The WIAA requires that a team cannot be created by exclusively being open to one high school.
6. All adult players MUST be 18 years of age.
7. All youth players MUST meet the criteria for the league/tournament to be eligible for play.
8. Established teams are only allowed to play one age group up with approval of DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA management. Independent players MUST participate at their age level!
9. Proof of age must be available for all youth and adult teams. Proof shall be in the form of a birth certificate, drivers license or other suitable record approved by DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA management. The team manager/coach is responsible in playing with eligible players only. Teams/manager/player not complying with this procedure will assume guilt and forfeit game. ANY TEAM PLAYING WITH THE ILLEGALLY AGED PLAYERS MAY FACE REMOVAL FROM THE SESSION!
1. Teams/players registering for league/tournament play must be prepared to play during any of the days and times indicated in the league/tournament brochure. Alternate game days may be required and assigned without notice.
2. Games may ONLY be rescheduled with permission of DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA management. Due to the loss of field time and staffing cost associated with rescheduling games, a $75 fee MUST BE PRE-PAID for any game rescheduled (this cost could be reduced if the time slot that the game was being played at was filled with another activity in which case $40 of the rescheduling fee will be refunded. It is the responsibility of the teams to get approval and coordinate a different game time with their opponent. Both team managers/coaches must indicate their approval with DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA management. An alternative to the rescheduling a game would be to switch your game time with another team or game time. This would require all teams & opponents to indicate their approval with DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA management.
3. Schedules are subject to change without notice. League alignments may vary from session to session in an attempt to balance leagues. Days & times may vary from session to session.
4. Many variables go into aligning divisions. Your skill level information, although important, does not guarantee the division that your team is placed into. Every effort will be made to equalize competition skill levels within division of league. However, DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA does not guarantee quality of play!
1. Mites (ages 7 & 8) and Squirts (ages 9 & 10)
2. For information on these ages see our “Instructional Leagues” information in this brochure.
3. Pee Wee (ages 11 &12) Bantams (ages 13 & 14): Players can register as a team or as individuals (see “Independent Players”). In order to effectively use the rink size, these ages will play with 5 skaters and a goalie.
4. Mites and Squirts will have a limited slapshot rule: The stick can not raise above waist height in an effort to take a slapshot. The opposing team will get the puck and offending team will be warned not to persist in such action. Any team consistently taking illegal slapshots can be penalized for such action.
5. High School & Adult: Players can register as a team or as individuals (see “Independent Players”). Games at these age levels will be played with 4 skaters and a goalie.
BENCH AREA RESTRICTIONS
1. Players from the next game are not allowed in the bench area (between rinks) until the completion of the previous game. Players preparing to enter the surface for the next game shall do so through the door on the opposite side to the bench area.
2. ONLY PARTICIPATING PLAYERS & COACHES ARE ALLOWED ON THE RINK OR IN THE BENCH AREAS DURING WARM-UP OR HALF TIME (this includes children during adult games).
3. ONLY PARTICIPATING PLAYERS & TWO (2) ADULT COACHES ARE ALLOWED IN THE BENCH AREAS DURING THE GAME.
4. Designated HOME TEAM shall occupy the home team bench and occupy the end nearest to the concession area for the first half. Home team is the first team listed in game schedule.
5. Players and bench personnel must stay in their bench area and can not encroach in to the officials scoreboard area.
6. Players shall not jump over the boards. If a team is cautioned for such action, a 2 minute penalty will be assessed for additional violations.
LENGTH OF GAME
1. Time clock will start at designated game time. THERE WILL BE A 5 MINUTE GRACE PERIOD! After such time the game will be considered a forfeit. A friendly game may be played.
2. Warm up time may be limited or eliminated if games are running behind schedule. Team/players are not permitted on the field before designated warm-up time.
3. All games are played with a continuous running time clock 2 x 22 min. (length of tournament games are specific to tournament). Instructional game times may vary.
4. ONLY REFEREES, TIMEKEEPERS or DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA employees are permitted to operate the time clock. ONLY THE REFEREE can request another party to start or stop the time clock.
5. UNAUTHORIZED STOPPAGE of the time clock by coaches or players will result in a minor penalty assessed to that team.
6. At the referee’s discretion, the clock may be stopped for injury, lost ball/puck, or in the last TWO (2) minutes of a game if he/she feels a team is purposely wasting time. Do not expect the clock to stop every time a ball goes out of bounds.
NUMBER OF PLAYERS
1. Teams must have proper number of players (4) in order to start the game. If, for any reason, a team goes below the proper number of players by more than one, the game shall be forfeited (this includes as the result of player injury, penalty or ejection).
2. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA has a “5 goal” rule for all ages (tournament rules may not include this). If a team is behind by 5 or more goals, they may add an additional player onto the surface. An additional player can remain on the surface until the goal differential has been reduced to less than 5.
OUT OF PLAY & RESTARTS
1. The game shall always start each half as well as after each goal with a face off at center rink. Players facing off must place blade of stick tip to tip on the edge of the face off spot. Players who delay the face off will either be removed from the circle, sent off the surface, or penalized for delay of game.
2. The game shall continue as long as the ball remains in play (including off of netting). If the puck leaves the area or gets stuck in netting of play it shall be restarted with a face off by the referee at the nearest face off spot in the same format that each half of the game was started. The ball/puck shall remain in play if it is on the back of the goal net or along the wall unless it is evident by the referee that it will not safely come into play.
3. In the case where the goalies covers (or freezes) the puck, the game shall be restarted by a face off in the defensive team’s zone.
1. Substitutions may occur
üon an unlimited basis and “on the fly”, provided that the player leaving the surface and the player entering the surface do not participate or create an advantage while they are simultaneously on the surface of play
üafter a goal has been scored by either team
2. The players leaving the surface are obliged to do so as quickly as possible.
3. Any infringement shall be a minor penalty for delay of game.
1. A goalkeeper has possession any time he/she has a part of his/her body covering the puck/ball. A goalie is required to release the ball/puck back into play whenever it is possible.
2. The referee will blow the whistle for stoppage of play as the result of the goalie holding onto the ball/puck under pressure.
3. Goalkeepers may change on the fly during the game providing the new goalkeeper abides by the substitution laws. Infringement; same as illegal substitution.
4. When a goalkeeper is assessed minor penalty, a teammate will serve the penalty. If a goalie receives a major penalty he/she must serve the penalty. Another goalie may be assigned as long as they are properly attired or a teammate may play on the surface until the goalies penalty expires or until another goalie is properly attired.
5. Goalkeepers may choose not to wear inline skates in the goal. Non skating goalies may ONLY travel outside of their crease as the direct result of making a save on a shot or cutting the angle of a shot. A goalie not wearing inline skates may not travel away from their crease or behind the goal line to play the puck/ball. If, in the referee’s opinion, the goalkeeper is abusing this privilege, the goalie shall be warned and/or subject to a minor penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct.
PLAYER EQUIPMENT IMPORTANT & MANDATORY - NO EXCEPTIONS
1. Every player must wear full protective equipment which includes: helmet, shinguards, elbow pads, & hockey gloves (males; protective support).
2. A player MUST wear a uniform including pants to cover all protective equipment including shinguards and elbow pads (except helmet).
3. High School and youth players must wear a helmet with a FULL facemask and a mouthguard. This additional protection is strongly recommended for all adult players, as well. Any player who’s equipment becomes broken or needs repairs is required to immediately leave the surface to correct the problem.
4. Hockey Sticks shaft and blade MUST be free from cracks, splinters or dangerous edges. With the exception of a goalie stick, the stick blade must be made of a plastic, fiberglass, or composite. WOODEN BLADES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.
5. Only inline roller skates will be allowed during hockey play. The use of quad Skates with wheels in tandem will NOT be allowed. Skates must be in safe working order. Wheel axles must be secured with flush to wheel chassis. Exposed NUTS AND/OR BOLTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. Breaks, if worn, must not have exposed bolts or screws.
6. All players must have the proper color uniform/shirt to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS! Teams MUST bring an alternate uniform color to every game in case of conflicting colors.
7. Due to the close proximity of play, a player shall not participate with casts or braces that are construed (by DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA management and/or referee) as dangerous to the opponent.
8. Goalies MUST wear full protective goalie equipment which includes goalie leg pads, protective girdle (and male support cup), chest and arm protection, protective blocker and glove. In addition, all goalies must have throat protection.
1. Referee on the surface is responsible for control of the game and has the FULL AUTHORITY before, during and after the game. The referee may penalize players or teams for inappropriate conduct before, during or after the game. The referee’s decisions regarding play is FINAL!
2. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA has the authority at its discretion to add an additional referee on or off the surface in order to assist and/or control the game being played. This additional referee may initiate their authority at any time during the course of a game & has FULL AUTHORITY of the original referee.
3. Management at DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA is very interested in the evaluation of a referee from team manager(s) as long as such discussions are done in a composed & proper manner!
PROGRESSION OF PUNISHMENT & PENALTIES
The following progression is a guideline for an official to use. IT IS NOT A REQUIRED ORDER! The official can, at any time, decide due to the nature of the foul or conduct of the player/team, to bypass a lesser punishment for one that is more severe. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA HAS A LOW TOLERANCE FOR PLAYERS OR TEAMS THAT FLAGARANTLY OR CONSISTENTLY VIOLATE FAIR AND GOOD PLAY!!
1. Player rest: This is used to indicate to a player or team that this kind of play is inappropriate. It allows a player the chance to evaluate their play, calm themselves or give the coach a chance to discuss the inappropriate play with the player at fault. Players receiving a “rest” may return to their team bench for the duration of their “rest”.
2. Minor Penalty: If issued, shall result in a TWO (2) MINUTE timed penalty to be served by the offending player(s). A team shall remain short handed during the remainder of the penalty or until a goal has been scored by the non offending team. The offending player must not return on the surface until his/her full penalty time has been served. More than one penalty can be assessed at any one time. The referee shall indicate a penalty against a team and whistle for stoppage of play to assess the infraction when the offending team plays the puck/ball. A player committing a minor or major penalty will be required to be SEATED in the penalty box separate from the team bench until his/her time has expired. A player leaving this are before his/her time has fully expired will result in an addition penalty. If two players from the same team receive a penalty, the second penalty will not start until the expiration of the first penalty. The team will play only one man short for the duration of the two penalties.
3. Major Penalty: Shall result in a FIVE(5) minute penalty in which the team shall play shorthanded. The player and team will serve the full 5 minute penalty. Due to the severity of this infraction, the use of this penalty will usually include a game misconduct which includes the ejection of the player committing such an offense.
4. Game Misconducts: DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA has a ZERO tolerance for this type of behavior: If a player acts in a manner that is seen by the referee (or management)) as flagrant, dangerous, abusive, unsportsmanlike or at all violent, the referee may assess a game misconduct. This shall require the individual player to be ejected from the game. A teammate shall serve his/her 2 or 5 minute penalty for the ejected player. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA WILL NOT TOLERATE FIGHTING OR OTHER UNSPORTSMANLIKE BEHAVIOR!!!
5. Penalty Shots: The following infringements against the game shall result in a penalty shot. When a player other than the goalie gathers the puck and deliberately smoothers it in the crease, a player on a breakaway is illegally prevented from advancing toward a goal, or a player deliberately throws a stick or object at the puck in the defensive zone while the attacking team is attempting to score.
1. Coaches/managers are responsible for the conduct of players/parents/spectators of their team.
2. Players or coaches using profanity towards officials, employees or management will be suspended from the facility.
3. Sportsmanlike behavior is required at all times ON and OFF the surface. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA reserves the right to dismiss any disruptive people from the facility and refuse to allow such person(s) from entering our facility.
4. Any PLAYER or COACH ejected or given a game misconduct MUST LEAVE THE PLAYERS BENCH AREA IMMEDIATELY before the game will start. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit of game! Suspended players or coaches are not permitted in bench area for the duration of their suspension.
5. Players or coaches receiving an ejection or game misconduct before, during or after a game are automatically suspended for the next game and may be suspended for additional games pending a referee report and/or past history of unsportsmanlike behavior.
6. A player(s)/coach is serving a suspension is not permitted to participate or coach ANY TEAM for the duration of the suspension! A player who has been suspended may play after his/her team suspension has expired.
7. Any team playing suspended players will forfeit game, and such players shall be suspended for the REMAINDER of the session.
8. Fighting or instigating a fight WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Players or teams participating in such violence, whether starting it or not, may be removed from any further participation.
9. TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BEHAVIOR OF THEIR FANS &/OR SUPPORTERS. SPECTATORS MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE FOR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR OR GAME INTERFERENCE. TEAMS MAY BE PENALIZED FOR ACTIONS OF THEIR FANS &/OR SUPPORTERS. ACTIONS TAKEN ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF DO-IT-ALL REFEREES &/OR MANAGEMENT.
10. SPECTATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE FIELD AT ANY TIME OTHER THAN FOR HELP WITH AN INJURY.
11. ONLY PLAYERS SIGNED IN AT THE DESK ARE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD.
The following rules are examples of infractions, in the opinion of the referee, that will result in a 2 minute minor, 5 minute major or game misconduct depending on the severity of the offense. Tripping, hooking, holding, interference, illegal equipment, delay of game, unsportsmanlike conduct, high stick, slashing, unnecessary roughness, NO CHECKING WILL BE ALLOWED (although incidental contact will be allowed, it will be called VERY CLOSELY).
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
PLAY FAIR HOCKEY!!!