DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA
INDOOR SOCCER RULES
Attention: It is the responsibility of the captain/coach of each team to make sure that their team is in compliance with all rules. Rosters are the responsibility of the captain/coach, therefore, they must submit a roster or roster changes by the set time. Team conduct is also the responsibility of the captain/coach. All players are required to sign in every week on the waiver form at the desk. This is mandatory, and any game played by a player who fails to sign in will be forfeited by that team. Again, it is the captain/coach’s responsibility to make sure that all players sign the waiver form located at the desk.
1. Each team is required to wear matching color and style jerseys.
2. Goalkeepers must wear a jersey which is a different color from that of both teams.
3. A coin flip will be used to decide which team will change colors if conflicts exist. In the situation where only one team is wearing matching colors, the team with the variation in jerseys shall change or wear scrimmage vest. Scrimmage vests will be available in case of color similarity if neither team has alternate jerseys.
must wear flat soled tennis shoes or indoor soccer shoes. Shoes must be carried into the building.
5. Teams in the U-12 and younger age group will use a size 4 ball. Teams in the U-14 age group and older will use a size 5 ball (Note: If both teams agree on a ball then that is the ball that will be used for play for that match).
6. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA requires that shin guards be worn by all youth teams, and strongly recommends that they be worn by ALL players.
7. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA recommends that goalkeepers wear knickers or sweats, long sleeved jersey, and knee and elbow pads.
8. Dangerous equipment will not be allowed. All jewelry must be removed prior to playing. Taping of pierced earrings is not allowed.
TEAMS AND PLAYERS
1. A team may carry a minimum of 4 players or a maximum of 10 players on their roster. Roster are final the 2nd night of play. If no roster is submitted or players other than those submitted on the roster play in a game, those games shall be forfeited. It is the captain/coach’s responsibility to submit the proper roster.
2. Teams of U-14 or older will play not more than five (5) players, and U-12 and younger no more than six (6) players. One of these players shall be a goalkeeper.
3. Only rostered players shall play. All rosters must be turned in prior to the team’s first game and must be final the second night of play. (Teams will forfeit any games in which an illegal player is used, NAMELY PLAYERS NOT ON THE TEAM ROSTER.) Rosters will be checked only at the request of the opposing team and must be checked on the night of play.
4. All players must adhere to the age requirements of the facility. If issues arise regarding a players age, proper proof of age may be required.(SEE LAST PAGE)
5. A game shall not be started unless a team has a minimum of 4 rostered players present on the playing field prior to the designated forfeit time, which is 10 minutes past the scheduled start time for the game.
6. A minimum of four players must be on the field at all times unless in a penalty situation. A team may not continue play if it has more than one player ejected, instead this will result in a forfeit by that team.
7. No player may play on two or more teams in the same league. Once a player plays for a team in a particular age bracket, he/she may not transfer to a different team in the same age bracket during the current session.
8. The team manager/coach/captain will be held responsible for the conduct of their team and it’s fans.
9. All co-ed teams must have a minimum of three women players on the field at all times.
10. Any player entering the playing field area without first signing a roster/waiver form may be subject to banishment from the league and facility, and their team will be forced to forfeit that week’s game. It is the captain/coach’s responsibility to make sure all players sign in every week.
DURATION OF GAME
1. All games shall consist of two 22 minute periods with a 5 minute on field warm-up and a 4 minute half-time break. Times may change for playoffs to accommodate teams playing multiple games in one night. Times may also change to help catch up to the schedule if necessary.
2. The time clock shall run continuously unless it is deemed necessary to be stopped by the official (i.e. injuries, ball leaving the playing area, etc.)
3. There will be no overtimes in league play. During playoffs, overtimes shall be decided first by a 5 minute golden goal playoff, and if tied after the 5 minutes, then a 5 man shootout will be used.
4. Each team is permitted two timeouts per game of no more than 30 seconds. Teams must be in possession of the ball to call a timeout. Only players on the field may call the timeout. Due to crowd noise, timeouts may not be called from the sidelines. If a coach wishes to call a timeout, he must have a player on the playing field call it.
5. Games shall start promptly. Forfeit time is ten (10) minutes. The length of the game will be adjusted to reflect late starts if necessary. A coin flip or other unbiased means (Rock, paper, scissors) will be used to decide who kicks off first. Teams change ends after each period.
1. Substitutions may be made in the following instances:
a. Goals made by either team (stoppage of play).
b. Goal kicks by either team (stoppage of play).
c. After ball leaves the playing area (stoppage of play).
d. On the fly, providing the player leaving the field is inside the team area or adjacent to the door (within 3 feet) prior to the entry of the substitute player in to the field of play. On the fly changes must not interfere with game play.
2. Substitutions for the goalkeeper may take place only when:
a. The new goalie is completely outfitted and ready to play.
b. During a stoppage in play when the substituting team has possession of the ball.
c. The referee has clearly been notified and acknowledges the substitution.
FOULS & MISCONDUCT
1. A Blue Card, if issued, is a CAUTION, and shall result in either a two minute or a four minute (double minor) time penalty to be served by the offending player(s). The team cannot substitute a player for the carded player until the penalty time has elapsed or the opposing team scores. A yellow card may be assessed against any player or coach who shows disapproval, by words or action, against the decision of the referee. Goalkeepers may have another member of his team serve his two minute penalty.
2. Any player receiving two (2) blue cards (cautions) during the course of a game will be suspended from the remainder of the current game and may be suspended for the team’s next game (referees discretion).
3. A Red Card, if issued, is an ejection of a player from the game. The player receiving the red card must leave the team area and his team shall play one man short for five minutes. The referee may request that the player leave the facility.
4. Any player receiving a red card must serve a minimum one game suspension from play, not including the game from which the player was ejected. This player, if in multiple leagues, will not be allowed to play during his suspension, in any of those leagues. Should the player have a bye from play, he must serve his suspension the next scheduled game, the following week. Red cards will carry over from league to league.
5. Players receiving two red cards in one sessions shall be deemed ineligible for the remainder of that session. This applies even if cards are in separate leagues.
6. Referees and management also may banish players from play for longer periods of time, depending on the severity of the infraction. REFEREES MAY EJECT A PLAYER ANY TIME HE/SHE SEES FIT!!
7. Red card ejections for coaches shall be administered the same as for players. A minimum one game suspension shall be served.
8. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA will not tolerate violence in any form.
9. MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ANY PLAYER FROM PARTICIPATION AT ANY TIME FOR GROSS VIOLATIONS OF THE LAWS OF THE GAME, THE HOUSE RULES, OR DAMAGE TO DO IT ALL SPORTS ARENA PROPERTY. Fighting or vandalism will not be tolerated on the premises. Violators will be escorted from the premises, and any future participation at DO IT ALL SPORTS ARENA can be prohibited.
10. No spitting, smoking or profanity shall be allowed in the facility.
11. SPITTING IS PROHIBITED ON THE PLAYING FIELD SURFACE!!
13. Boarding- Charging an opponent into the boards may be deemed as violent conduct and may result in an ejection and a 5 minute penalty! At a minimum boarding will result in a 2 minute penalty!
GAMES AND PROCEDURES
a. An direct free kick shall be awarded, should the ball strike the ceiling, net, lights,
or leave the playing area, or any penalty which constitutes a free kick. Balls which strike the ceiling shall be placed at the spot where the ball made contact. The player may set the ball and play without a restart whistle.
EXCEPTION: Any ball which strikes the ceiling directly above the penalty area shall be brought out to the nearest line.
b. A direct free kick shall be awarded for handballs, violent fouls, trips and penalty kicks*.
c. All defensive players must be a minimum of TEN FEET from the ball when kicked on a direct kick.
d. All players have five seconds to play the ball on free kicks or other restarts.
e. The following restarts require a mandatory whistle:
1. Offensive player entering the small goalkeeper box.
2. After injury time out
f. Three line rule:
No ball may be played past half field which comes from the penalty area (by any player, field or goalkeeper). PENALTY: Turnover at mid field
g. NO SLIDE TACKLING WILL BE ALLOWED. (YELLOW CARD-UP TO THE REF).
In a case that a foul would occur within the bounds of the penalty box, the referee would instruct a penalty-kick to be taken. The penalty kick is taken by the ball being placed in the center of the field and the goalie on the goal line of defended goal. On the referee’s whistle, the attacking team’s player will have five seconds in which he plays the ball. On the whistle, as well, the goalie is free to move off the line. After 5 seconds, if a goal has not resulted, play will continue.
a. Goalkeepers shall have five seconds to distribute the ball after gaining possession, if he fails to do so, the opposing team shall be awarded a direct free kick outside the penalty area.
b. Goalkeepers may bounce the ball.
c. Goalkeepers may dribble the ball and receive the ball from his teammates from anywhere on the field. EXCEPTION: Ball must leave the penalty area before being returned to the goalkeeper by either a goal kick or hand pass.
d. The goalkeeper can only pick up the ball once after receiving a pass from his teammate, until the ball has passed the mid field line. Penalty will result in a turnover at mid field.
e. Goalkeepers putting the ball back in play may only throw, roll, or place kick the ball and it must hit another player or the floor before crossing the midfield line. Violations will result in a turnover at mid field.
3. Start of play
a. Play is to be started at the center of the midfield circle when the referee blows the whistle. The ball can be played in any direction. This occurs at the beginning of each half and after each goal scored.
1. A forfeit may be called by an official for the following:
a. A team cannot field at least four players at the designated game start time.
b. A player leaves the team or bench to join in an altercation. If both teams do so, it will be declared a double forfeit.
c. A team which has two players which receive red cards in the same game will have to forfeit, regardless of the score.
2. A forfeited game shall result in a 6-0 score, to the winner. In the case of a double forfeit, neither team shall receive any points
3. All teams which receive a forfeit due to lack of players by game time may the field up until five minutes before the next scheduled game.
4. Once again, forfeit time is (10) minutes from the scheduled start of the game. No exceptions will be made, and the length of the game will be adjusted to reflect late starts.
5. Any team that does not show up for a scheduled game ( whether it is called in or not) will be marked down as a forfeit by the team not coming. Even in the instance that a game is going to be made up later in the season, the team that does not show will receive a forfeit until the game is made up. Make up games are the responsibility of teams who did not make it for their original scheduled time. Arrange a date and time which works for both teams involved, then check with the Do-It-All to find out field availability and to schedule a referee.
POINTS, SCORING AND STANDINGS
1. Goals shall count as one point if kicked from within the 36ft arc. Goals kicked outside the 36ft arc will count as 2 pts. 2 pt goals can not be touched by an offensive player inside the 36ft arc
2. Teams will receive two points for a win, one point for a tie and zero point for a loss or forfeiture of game. (applies to tournament play) Leagues will use win % which reflects the same point system
3. Each team will receive a maximum of six goal differential points. (Total possible points per game will be eight.) (applies to tournament play) League games do not have a maximum goal differential points.
4. Any team down by 6 or more points will be allowed 1 additional field player until the point deficit is is 4 points or less.
4. League tie breakers are as follows:
a.Head to head competition
b.Goal difference - all games
c.Fewest goals allowed
d.Most goals scored
1.The referee(s) has/have authority from the moment they enter the playing field.
2. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA will guarantee one referee per game. Do-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA reserves the right to determine whether a specific league or division requires more than one referees.
ILLEGAL PLAYERS AND PROTEST PROCEDURE
1. ILLEGAL PLAYERS
a. A player which is not of the legal age: DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA will use August 1st cut-off for age requirements (i.e. a player turning twelve years old on July 31, 2005 shall not be eligible to play in the 2005-06 U-12 sessions, as players who turn twelve on August 1, 2005 would be eligible to play, etc.)
b. A player who is on multiple rosters: DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA does allow players to be on more than one roster, as long as they are not in the same league. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA reserves the right to remove players from a roster of which they feel they are too strong for the league in which they are playing.
2. PROTEST PROCEDURES
a. Any manager/coach who believes that the team which he is playing has illegal players must verbally announce to the referee that he is protesting, and must state which player or players are in question. The referee shall advise the opposing team that the game is being played under protest. Upon completion and within twenty-four hours, a written protest must be given to the management and should be accompanied by a $20.00 fee. The fee will be refunded by the management of DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA if the protest is substantiated.
b. The same 24-hour, $20.00 fee applies to any protest. Referee judgment calls can not be protested.
c. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA shall rule fairly and promptly on all protests. The severity of all penalties levied to the violating teams will be imposed accordingly.
1. SPECTATORS are an important part of the soccer game. They, by their actions (behavior) can make it either an exciting event or create a considerable amount of pain and discomfort for coaches, players, game officials as well as other spectators.
2. In the COACH and PLAYER ethics, there are noted several violations. These are unlawfully entering the playing field, threatening or aggressive manner or actions, harassment (of players, coaches, officials) and abusive or foul language. SPECTATORS are subject to these same behavior violations. In the event a game official has determined that a SPECTATORS conduct is in violation of any of the above, the coaches will be advised and required to immediately deal with the matter. The official will either state a warning or request that the spectator LEAVE THE FIELD AREA.
3. Anytime a SPECTATOR comes under penalty to the point that they are required to leave the field are, the referee can suspend play until that has been accomplished (the clock will continue to run). In the event that the spectator will not leave the field area, as required and continues to be a disruption, the referee may suspend the game. The game will NOT be rescheduled and the offending side will receive a forfeit.
COACH -ETHICS VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES
1. ENTERING the field of play without permission of the referee:
2. THREATENING actions or words towards officials, players, coaches or spectators:
EJECTION/2ND OFFENSE 2 GAME SUSPENSION
3. ABUSIVE language to an official:
CAUTION/EJECTION/2ND OFFENSE 1 GAME SUSPENSION
4. AGGRESSIVE physical contact with a referee or player:
EJECTION WITH 2 GAME SUSPENSION/2ND OFFENSE EXPULSION FROM LEAGUE
5. STRIKING an official or player:
EXPULSION FROM ANY FURTHER PLAY AT THE DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA FOR LIFE!
6. REFUSAL to leave the playing field after ejection:
GAME SUSPENSION AND FORFEITURE OF GAME
7. HARASSMENT of a verbal nature that is constant and excessive towards officials or players:
CAUTION/EJECTION/2ND OFFENSE 2 GAME SUSPENSION
8. INSTRUCTING players to play in a dangerous or unsportsmanlike manner:
CAUTION/EJECTION/2ND OFFENSE 2 GAME SUSPENSION
9. PLAYING an illegal player as the result of an administrative error:
10. PLAYING knowingly an ineligible player:
FORFEITURE OF GAME, 2 GAME SUSPENSION FOR HEAD COACH
11. DRUGS & ALCOHOL - Either under the influence of or using during the game:
EJECTION/2ND OFFENSE - EXPULSION FROM FURTHER PLAY AT THE DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA
PLAYER - ETHICS VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES
1. ABUSIVE language to official, player, coach or spectator:
CAUTION/EJECTION - 1 GAME SUSPENSION
2. FOUL language to an official, player, coach or spectator:
EJECTION - 1 GAME SUSPENSION
3. FOUL “incidental” language not directed to anyone:
CAUTION/EJECTION - 1 GAME SUSPENSION
4. THREATENING action or words toward officials, players, coach or spectators:
EJECTION - 1 GAME SUSPENSION
5. AGGRESSIVE physical contact with a referee or player:
6. REFUSAL to leave the playing field after ejection:
1 GAME SUSPENSION IN ADDITION TO THE EJECTION
7. STRIKING an official:
EJECTION FROM GAME AND EXPULSION FOR SEASON
8. STRIKING (closed fist) or kicking a player:
EJECTION + 2 GAME SUSPENSION/2ND OFFENSE - EXPULSION FOR SEASON
9. HARASSMENT of a verbal nature that is constant or excessive toward referee or player:
CAUTION/EJECTION - 1 GAME SUSPENSION/2ND OFFENSE - 2 GAME SUSPENSION
10. DRUGS & ALCOHOL- Either under the influence of or using during the game:
EJECTION - 1 GAME SUSPENSION/2ND OFFENSE - EXPULSION FOR SEASON
MISCELLANEOUS NOTES TO COACHES, MANAGERS AND/OR CAPTAIN
1. PACKETS: Please make sure you have received the following items:
Indoor Soccer rules (also available @ doitallsports.com)
Schedules ( when issued)
2. All youth teams shall have an adult manager and/or coach. Note: All U-16 and U-19 divisions must have an adult on the bench at least 21 years old. The absence of an adult manager and/or coach is an automatic forfeit of the game by the offending team. If neither team has an adult manager and/or coach present, both will forfeit. Exception: pre-arrangement with management.
3. In the event that a game must be postponed due to adverse conditions, please contact this facility for information. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA reserves the right to postpone games and may not be able to reschedule due to availability of the floor. Team’s have the to cancel their game if they feel conditions are too bad for them to make it to the Do-It-All. In such an instance, the team which does not show up or calls in shall be given a forfeit on the standings. These game may be made up, but shall remain a forfeit until done so. It is the responsibility of the team who did not make the scheduled game time to reschedule the game. Contact the opposing team and generate several possible times. Then contact the Do-It-All to check on field availability and scheduling a referee.
4. Coaches, managers, and/or captains are responsible for making sure their respective teams understand all rules and making sure that all team members receive copies of their game schedules.
5. Unauthorized possession or consumption of any illegal drugs or alcoholic beverages on the premises is prohibited.
6. Any DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA supervisor/manager/official has the right to remove players or spectator(s) from the premises.
7. DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA reserves the right to rule accordingly in any situation which may occur and is not covered in the DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA soccer rules.
8.TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BEHAVIOR OF THEIR FANS &/OR SUPPORTERS. SPECTATORS MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE FOR INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR OR GAME INTERFERENCE. TEAMS MAY BE PENALIZED FOR ACTIONS OF THEIR FANS &/OR SUPPORTERS. ACTIONS TAKEN ARE AT THE DISCRETION OF DO-IT-ALL REFEREES &/OR MANAGEMENT.
9.SPECTATORS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THE FIELD AT ANY TIME OTHER THAN FOR HELP WITH AN INJURY.
10.ONLY PLAYERS SIGNED IN AT THE DESK ARE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD.
DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES OCCURRING ON THE PREMISES.
THANK YOU, DO-IT-ALL SPORTS ARENA MANAGEMENT
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A GOOD SEASON!!!!